PTC Honors Customers and Partners Tackling COVID-19 Challenges
“COVID-19 Heroes” blog series spotlights organizations fighting the global pandemic through collaboration and ingenuity.
May 19, 2020
PTC recognizes the efforts of its customers and partners as they address challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic. Around the world and across multiple industries, these organizations have adopted new and creative initiatives to address a variety of needs, including shortages of ventilators, personal protection equipment (PPE) and hand sanitizer.
“We are pleased to recognize and support our customers and partners that are working to bolster the critical front-line measures to address and alleviate this crisis,” says Jim Heppelmann, president and CEO, PTC. “We are grateful for their hard work and are committed to assisting and supporting them in their initiatives during these difficult times.”
In a special blog series entitled, “COVID-19 Heroes,” PTC recognizes the work of its customers and partners across the industrial, aerospace, automotive, medical, and retail sectors, including:
- Abbott Labs, creators of the Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 test, a molecular point-of-care test for the detection of COVID-19
- Fresenius Medical Care, which has joined a coalition of kidney dialysis providers dedicated to maintaining continuity of care for dialysis patients through an isolated cohort that eliminates the need for dialysis patients to enter a hospital environment
- Ralph Lauren, who has pivoted production to focus on face masks and isolation gowns for health care and hospital workers
- Roche Diagnostics, developers of one of the first commercially available test kits for COVID-19, enabling labs to expand and expedite testing to meet urgent medical needs
- VentilatorChallengeUK, a consortium of leading industrial, technology and engineering businesses from across the aerospace, automotive and medical sectors teaming up to produce ventilators for hospitals across the UK
PTC plans to run blog the series each week through August 31, and possibly longer, depending upon the duration of the pandemic. To nominate a COVID-19 Hero, please contact Alexa Rice at [email protected].
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.