June 1, 2020
NAFEMS has expanded its e-learning program over the coming months, offering access to training on finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) from the experts, no matter where you may be working from.
June 3: CFD for Structural Designers & Analysts
This 3-session online course covers a range of topics, all aimed at the structural designer and analyst who needs to get to grips with CFD, including:
- Principles of fluid dynamics
- Important flow phenomena
- Basics of the CFD process
- Turbulence modelling
- Fluid-structure interaction
June 4: Practical Modeling of Joints & Connections
The objective of this course is to review the various connection and joint technologies in use, give an overview of the physics involved and show how to successfully implement practical solutions using FEA.
June 5: Fatigue & Fracture Mechanics in FEA
The objective of this course is to break down the fatigue analysis process into clearly defined steps and show how to successfully implement practical solutions using FEA.
NAFEMS e-learning aims to offer real, practical knowledge that can be used day-to-day to improve analyses.
Also Coming Up…
- July 1: Introduction to Practical CFD
- July 2: Introduction to Dynamics using FEA
- July 14: Basic Finite Element Analysis
- July 17: Structural Optimization in FEA
- August 5: Elements of Turbulence Modeling
- August 19: Practical Modeling of Joints & Connections
- August 20: Advanced Dynamic FEA
- August 28: Non-Linear FEA
- September 8: Composite Finite Element Analysis
- September 16: CFD for Structural Designers & Analysts
A full program is now available at nafems.org/e-learning.
Interested in taking more than one class? Or do you have a team that are interested in attending? NAFEMS offers Flexipass for discounted access to the courses and classes you or your team may want, with centralized, customized booking, branded landing pages and one-to-one support. All of this would cost less than buying registrations separately, according to NAFEMS.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More NAFEMS Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].