Epson Announces SureColor T3170x Compact Printing Solution with Refillable Ink Tanks
New 24-in. wide format wireless printer offers fast, precise printing in a space-saving design, company says.
October 3, 2019
Epson has announced the Epson SureColor T3170x 24-in. wide-format wireless printer. Engineered to enhance workflow, the new model in the SureColor T-Series product line offers cartridge-free printing in a clean, space-saving design. The new, easy-to-fill, refillable ink tanks can reportedly eliminate time spent purchasing and changing ink cartridges, according to Epson.
“This SureColor T3170x joins the popular T-Series line that delivers powerful printing solutions for many industries, including architecture, engineering, construction, creative professionals and graphic design,” says Matt Kochanowski, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “The new refillable ink tank design provides greater flexibility and productivity for workgroups—taking away the worry of changing ink cartridges and lowering running costs—while also delivering the advanced features and space-saving design our customers expect.”
The SureColor T3170x leverages an Epson PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead with Precision Droplet Control to produce output with crisp lines and clarity, the company says. Whether printing from a roll or the Auto Sheet Feeder, the 4.3-in. color LCD touchscreen makes tasks simple and intuitive, and integrated wireless and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity, allows users to easily print from virtually anywhere in the office using a tablet or smartphone.
Additional product features include:
- cartridge-free printing—high-capacity ink bottles with auto-stop for easy filling;
- fast print speeds—A1/D-size prints in as fast as 34 seconds;
- low running costs—ink included in the box can print numerous posters or technical drawings;
- easy to operate—large, intuitive 4.3-in. color LCD screen simplifies print tasks;
- compact, clean design—ultra-small footprint, and sleek, minimal design enhances workspaces; easily fits on a desktop or on its own with optional stand, sold separately;
- print from virtually anywhere in the office—easily print from tablets, smartphones and more with integrated wireless plus router-free Wi-Fi direct printing;
- image quality—PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead with Precision Droplet Control for clarity, plus commercial-grade reliability with Nozzle Verification Technology;
- media handling—accommodates rolls up to 24-in. wide and sheets up to 11x17-in. through the auto sheet feeder;
- precise, sharp details—print posters, blueprints, line drawings and more up to 2,400 dpi; and
- easy setup—get up and running in as quickly as 30 minutes.
The SureColor T3170x 24-in. wireless printer will be available through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers in December 2019. The SureColor T3170x offers a standard Epson Preferred Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday. The Epson SureColor T3170x is designed to work exclusively with Epson ink.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Epson America Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].