Carbon Introduces Idea-to-Production Platform
The new generation of 3D printers brings faster printing and larger build volume to the Carbon Digital Light Synthesis (DLS) platform, company says.
January 27, 2022
Carbon, a 3D printing technology company, is enhancing its idea-to-production platform with all-new M-Series printers leveraging the next generation of digital light synthesis printing technology.
The next generation of Carbon printers will come in two models, the M3 and the M3 Max, providing an advanced end-to-end idea-to-production platform when combined with the Carbon Design Engine and Carbon DLS materials. The M3 is designed for faster printing, a simpler print experience, an expanded design space and a more consistent surface finish, the company reports.
The M3 Max offers these same benefits as well as a 4K light engine, enabling double the build area with the same pixel size and density. Both printers have a range of high-performance materials tailored for applications across industries, including automotive, life sciences, dental, consumer products and industrial.
“With these next generation printers—combined with our Design Engine software and Carbon DLS materials—design teams across business verticals can create high-quality prototypes with end-use performance quicker and more efficiently than ever before,” says Phil DeSimone, chief product and business development officer at Carbon. “We believe this new generation of Carbon DLS technology will empower more collaboration and help to revolutionize how products are designed and made.”
Key features of the M3 printers include:
- Simplified printer experiences: The next generation of DLS printing creates substantially lower forces on the part and introduces closed-loop control of force and temperature.
- Broader design space: Printers using the next-gen of DLS printing technology can make parts that prior generations could not.
- Faster printing: Thanks to better heat management, the printers deliver more throughput per square foot in thermally limited scenarios.
- Smoother parts: The next-gen of DLS printing produces parts smoother than prior generations.
- More consistent parts: The next-gen of DLS printing reduces the variation in parts across a single-build by up to 50%.
- Fast and easy installation: The M3 is designed to be installed in hours, with the ability to relocate the printer within their facility.
- Larger Build Area: The M3 Max printer offers double the build area with the same pixel size and density as the M3 printer.
The M3 printer is now available for order and shipping and the M3 Max printer is available for order and is expected to ship in the second half of 2022. For more information about pricing and availability, click here.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.