Cambashi Releases Industrial IoT/Connected Applications Market Data Observatory
This global sizing study focuses on the emergence of connected applications, relying on industry input from providers to define the scope and segmentation of the market.
Digital Thread News
Digital Thread Resources
July 15, 2019
Cambashi announces that the inaugural Cambashi Industrial IoT (IIoT) Observatory has been released. This global sizing study focuses on the emergence of connected applications, relying on industry input from providers to define the scope and segmentation of the market.
- Connected applications are gaining traction in several key market areas.
- The global 2018 figures indicate major changes compared with 2017, the base year, such as a leap of 42% in total revenues and radical changes in the relative positions of leading providers.
- There is a clear distinction between IT/Enterprise and OT/Industrial providers.
- The Asset Management and Performance Monitoring use cases have the most published case studies. The top 10 use cases all strongly feature in the Connected Production and Connected Asset Market Areas (See Chart 2 below).
The Cambashi IIoT Observatory is based on several years of research and industry collaboration through the IIoT Charter Program. The first global market-sizing details nine Connected Application Market Areas across three major regions by provider. For each provider, the Observatory lists the Connected Applications they offer, categorized by Market Area. This first release provides 2017 and 2018 estimates of the global market, which already highlights significant changes in the industry. Future versions will provide 3-year growth projections, industry and country segmentation.
An analysis of Use Cases and Case Studies is also included in the Observatory. Use Cases show where providers are developing Connected Applications and in which Market Areas. This is valuable for product planning and sales focus. Case Studies, and interviews with actual users, show the business value, budget process and benefits by analyzing how the money flows in IIoT deals. Use Cases and Case Studies will be available as custom data sets with analytics.
The Cambashi IIoT Observatory has been designed to address some of the “hard to solve” industry problems that IIoT software vendors are encountering, including:
- Manufacturers are confused by all the different “IIoT” offerings.
- Which are the “hot” IIoT market areas to go for?
- Are the IIoT projections we are hearing just ‘hype’?
- Where are examples of the business value case for IIoT—based on actual use cases?
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.