VeriSurf Debuts Latest Master3DGage 3D Inspection and Reverse Engineering Solution
The complete hardware/software solution delivers automated "in-process" inspection to the shop floor.
March 18, 2019
The Master3DGage development team announces the third-generation, Master3DGage, a portable rapid 3D inspection and reverse engineering solution from Verisurf that enables machine shops to increase efficiency, improve part quality and reduce scrap. The complete hardware/software solution delivers automated “in-process” inspection to the shop floor, the company reports.
“The New Master3DGage solution continues to close the loop in digital manufacturing workflow,” says Austin Husted, hardware product manager. “Manufacturers can not only extend a 3D model-based workflow from CAD to CAM to computer-aided inspection, but they can also reverse engineer parts into the 3D model-based process thus improving quality, saving time and eliminating drawings.”
The Master3DGage development team selected Verisurf 3D model-based inspection and reverse engineering software application suites to bundle with the latest Portable CMM technology. The portable CMM features advanced manufacturing materials and technology, including light weight, low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE) carbon fiber arm components, and hot swappable probes with automatic probe recognition. Optional non-contact laser scanner is interchangeable with tactile probes.
The Master3DGage with Verisurf Application Suites offer tool sets that are easy to learn and operate, using quick three-step workflow processes.
- Align: Align manufactured part to 3D CAD model by probing part to corresponding alignment targets on 3D CAD model;
- Inspect: Inspect manufactured part in real time by probing any surface or by following repeatable automated inspection plans; and
- Report: Report inspection results in industry standard formats with intelligent GD&T and color deviation maps for clear, practical analysis.
Three-Step Reverse Engineering
- Measure: Contact scan or probe 3D complex profile surfaces or prismatic features including planes, cylinders, cones and spheres, or capture 2D features including lines, splines, circles and slots;
- Mesh: Point cloud and STL mesh editing tools helps prepare large data sets for 3D mesh surfacing; and
- Model: Transform 3D point clouds and meshes into 3D NURB surfaces or solid models with MBD for precision manufacturing.
Master3DGage is available now from authorized Master3DGage resellers worldwide.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Verisurf Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering. Press releases can be sent to them via [email protected].Follow DE