September 16, 2019
Stratasys Ltd. has entered into an agreement with Xaar plc to purchase shares of Xaar 3D Ltd. that will increase Stratasys’ stake in Xaar 3D from 15% to 45%, with Xaar plc, through its fully owned subsidiary, Xaar 3D Holdings, having the remaining 55%. In addition, the agreement includes an option for Stratasys to acquire the remaining shares of Xaar 3D. The transaction is subject to Xaar plc shareholder approval.
The strategic investment by Stratasys is intended to enable Xaar 3D to accelerate the development of its additive manufacturing solutions based on high-speed sintering (HSS) technology. These solutions are designed for end-use parts applications in low-to-medium production volumes, primarily in the industrial segment.
Xaar plc and Stratasys announced the formation of Xaar 3D Ltd in July 2018. The purpose of the joint venture is to develop high-speed sintering additive manufacturing solutions that Stratasys can bring to market.
“Xaar 3D has made significant progress over the past year and we see benefits to Stratasys in extending its investment in Xaar 3D's innovative High Speed Sintering based solutions,” says Omer Krieger, EVP Products. “This continues our company’s strategy of complementing our own robust R&D efforts with partnerships and investments in other innovative companies to develop new capabilities and products that create new value to our customers.”
“Xaar 3D has great potential and we look forward to continuing to work with Stratasys to develop its full potential in this deeper relationship. I am pleased that this transaction will create good value for Xaar shareholders and unlocks the ability for more significant value in due course,” says Doug Edwards, chief executive officer, Xaar plc.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Stratasys Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering. Press releases can be sent to them via [email protected].Follow DE