Simcenter Amesim Announces Major Simulation Upgrades for Automotive, Aerospace and Marine Industries
By extending Modelica support and integration with other Simcenter solutions, Simcenter Amesim helps users to set up a toolchain throughout the development cycle.
Latest in System Simulation
System Simulation Resources
Siemens Digital Industries Software
April 17, 2019
The latest release of Siemens PLM Software's Simcenter Amesim system simulation software helps accelerate digital twin creation through ease of use and democratized access to system simulation, the company notes. By extending Modelica support and integration with other Simcenter solutions, Simcenter Amesim helps users to set up a toolchain throughout the development cycle.
With the latest release, Siemens Digital Industries Software accelerates the Simcenter Amesim delivery model to provide access to new enhancements every 6 months.
According to the company, the latest updates to Simcenter Amesim include:
- addressing vehicle electrification by importing Simcenter Motorsolve and Simcenter Battery Design Studio models;
- frontload aircraft systems performance engineering, thanks to upgraded CAD import capabilities for fuel systems and enhanced post-processing apps for gas turbines;
- tackling shipbuilding challenges, by taking advantage of validated components and ready-to-use model templates for marine applications;
- streamlining controls engineering, using a new tool for PID controller calibration and real-time components for thermal and valvetrain systems; and
- boosting system simulation efficiency, thanks to a new Modelica compiler and 1click conversion of hydraulic models into thermal-hydraulic ones.
Those are just a few of the major capabilities introduced to the latest version. You can read more here.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Siemens Digital Industries Software Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering. Press releases can be sent to them via [email protected].Follow DE