December 12, 2019
While the temperatures are dropping outside, the team at NAFEMS Americas and Digital Engineering (DE) are gearing up for the summer, when simulation experts from around the country will converge for CAASE20 (the Conference on Advancing Analysis & Simulation in Engineering) in Indianapolis June 16-18, 2020. The event will be held at the Indiana Convention Center.
CAASE20 will bring together the leading visionaries, developers, and practitioners of CAE-related technologies in an open forum to share experiences, discuss relevant trends, discover common themes, and explore future issues. The conference will cover a wide range of topics, including every aspect of engineering analysis and simulation. The 2020 conference will revolve around four key themes:
- Driving the Design of Physical Systems, Components & Products
- Implementing Simulation Governance & Democratization
- Advancing Manufacturing Processes & Additive Manufacturing
- Addressing Business Strategies & Challenges
The final conference schedule is due to be announced in February, but NAFEMS has already lined up an impressive group of keynote speakers. They include:
- Geoffrey Moore, consultant and author of Crossing the Chasm.
- Amir Husain, inventor and author of “The Sentient Machine”, as well as the CEO of AI company SparkCognition.
- Dr. Maria Klawe, president of Harvey Mudd College, who will discuss increasing diversity in the STEM workforce.
- Monica Schnitger, president and principal analyst at Schnitger Corp. and occasional DE columnist, who will discuss the evolution of simulation technology.
- Scott Leemans, creative engineering generalist at X.Company (The Moonshot Factory), who will discuss democratizing technology at the K-12 and college levels.
- Bill Pappas, VP of competition & engineering at IndyCar.
In addition to conference sessions, there will be a variety of NAFEMS training sessions available to attendees. Those include pre-conference courses on composites and postprocessing of structural analyses. During the conference, training sessions will include nonlinear analysis, structural optimization, fatigue analysis, CFD for structural engineers, elements of turbulence modeling, and several other courses.
Attendees will also have a chance to visit the local Dallara IndyCar Factory, which is the exclusive Chassis supplier to the NTT IndyCar series. The event will include full-car racing simulators, rides in a street-legal IndyCar, an interactive tour, as well as dinner and drinks.
In October, NAFEMS Americas and DE launched their inaugural CAASE19 Virtual Conference. The online sessions are available on-demand on the CAASE19 registration page.You can register for the event at the CAASE20 website.
More NAFEMS Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering. Press releases can be sent to them via [email protected].Follow DE